The Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter airframe. With small yet fully functional FPV quadcopters having gained a lot of popularity recently, we decided to design a small FPV airframe that deserves the QAV label. The QAV250 is a symmetric 250mm size airframe that accommodates 5" props. The 250mm is measured motor shaft to motor shaft diagonally.
Official thread on FPVLAB - Lumenier QAV250 Mini Quadcopter
Our airframe was designed to support a 3s lipo setup and powerful 2206 2000kv motors - Lumenier FX-2206-13 2000kv.
Unique aspects of the QAV250 include the following...
- A 2.5D CNC-ed G10 unibody main frame board
- Integrated power distribution board for ESCs and FPV flight electronics
- 2 integrated LED strips (white and red) to aid LOS orientation
- Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo is a Lumenier 3s 1300mah)
- Support for 32mm board cams as well as cams in cases with mounting bracket
- Support for HD camera (such as the Mobius)
- Integrated and included Landing Gear reminiscent of the QAV500 CF Landing Gear
- Airframe: 170g (with PDB, LED boards, landing gear and hardware)
- AUW: The QAV250 is flown with an AUW of around 540g (includes all flight electronics, FPV gear and Mobius HD camera).
Vibration Free Video
Like all QAV airframes, the QAV250 produces vibration and jello free HD recordings. We achieve this vibration free performance without the use of Lumenier's clean/dirty frame separation that is utilized in larger QAV airframes such as the QAV400, QAV500, and QAV540G. This simplifies the small QAV250 airframe, making it lighter, reduces parts count, and failure points. We will soon release flight videos flown by our Team of Lumenier pilots.
Suggested Build Parts
- Props: Gemfan 5x3
- Motors: Lumenier FX-2206 2000kv or similar
- ESCs: 12amp ESCs with SimonK
- Lipo: Lumenier 1300mAh 3s
- FC: OpenPilot CC3D
The Carbon Fiber QAV250
The Lumenier QAV250 is also available in full 3k Carbon Fiber. The Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter Carbon Fiber Edition airframe has all the features of the standard QAV250 plus the added benefits of carbon fiber. The pure 3K carbon fiber material gives the airframe incredible strength while at the same time reducing the overall weight. The entire assembled kit weighs in at only 122g. The QAV250 is a symmetric 250mm size airframe that accommodates 5" props. The 250mm is measured motor shaft to motor shaft diagonally.
A QAV250 flown acrobatically by Lumenier Team Pilot: Charpu
Tuning Settings for the QAV250 with a CC3D
These are good starting parameters for flying the QAV250 with a CC3D. This set-up assumes FX-2206 2000kv motors, a 3s lipo, 5x3 Gemfan props, and 12amp SimonK ESCs.
These settings are based off of Juz's CC3D settings.